How can I pay for college?
What credits do I need for graduation?
You need 21 specific credits to be able to graduate. Click the document below to see the list.
If you are not sure what credits you have earned, please email Ms. Herschman: email@example.com
What do I do if a college or university needs my transcript?
If you need your transcript sent to a college or university, please contact Ms.Herschman so she can send them officially signed.
What do I do if I need to send my SAT or ACT test scores to a college or university?
- CollegeBoard (SAT Scores) - https://www.collegeboard.org/
- Here is a step by step video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDSskfvBSzM
- ACT Student (ACT scores) -https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act.html
- Here is a step by step video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej_ZgLYaPbE
What do I need to do if I can not pay my application fee?
- If you took the in-school SAT on October 16th this school year, you are eligible for a fee waiver
- Ms.Herschman has extra fee waivers as well!
- You need to log into your CollegeBoard account and accept your fee waivers (some of you have completed this)
Is it too late to apply to colleges or universities?
- No! There are many community colleges with open applications and schools with "rolling admissions".
- If you are looking at a school, it is important to triple check the deadline for the application
- Some schools still accepting applications include,
Need money for college? (MDCAPS, FAFSA, Scholarships, and more!)
- If you are planning on going to school in Maryland, MDCAPS is the organization that gives grants to students for their college/university plans! Use this YouTube video to walk you through the steps of creating an account and completing the steps needed.
- FAFSA - Students can still apply up until June 30, 2020 to get Federal aid (March 1 was the State aid deadline)
- You and your parent/guardian need a FSA ID to complete the FAFSA form! Here is a video that walks you through making one step by step.
- For students who have not completed their FAFSA, you still have time to do so! The March 1st was the priority state deadline, but students CAN STILL SUBMIT their FAFSA form for the federal deadline (June 30, 2020). Federal aid money provides grants, scholarships, and loans for you to use towards your college/university! Please use this YouTube video that walks you through the form in detail.
- Follow the link to learn more about the FAFSA and why it is important to complete!
- Scholarship Search - here are some reliable search engines for students to find scholarships that match them
- CollegeBoard Big Furture
- Anthony Oneal Scholarship Search
- Fastweb Scholarship Search
- JLV College Counseling Scholarship
- BMORE Ready Scholarship and Grant Help